By Isabelle Z | Natural News | Sept. 17, 2018

Google has become so unethical that even some of its own employees want nothing to do with it anymore. In the latest example of the company driving away valued workers, senior research scientist Jack Poulson has quit his job in protest of the company’s plans to launch a censored version of the Google search engine in China.

Last month, news emerged that Google was secretly working on a Chinese search app code-named Dragonfly for devices running Android. It removes any content that the Chinese government doesn’t want its people to see, such as that pertaining to free speech, human rights, democracy, and political dissidents. It will also see queries that have been deemed “sensitive” blacklisted entirely, meaning that no results whatsoever will turn up if people type in certain terms or phrases.

As part of the company’s research and machine intelligence department, Poulson was tasked with improving their search systems’ accuracy. He raised his concerns with his managers but ultimately decided that he couldn’t work for them any more in good conscience. He resigned at the end of last month, and he told The Intercept that at least four others have done the same.

He said that the plan was a violation of Google’s principles stating they will not design technologies “whose purpose contravenes widely accepted principles of international law and human rights.”

Not only was the censorship itself concerning, but he also had reservations about the fact that customer data would be hosted on the Chinese mainland, where the country’s security agencies would have access to it. Given what we know about what the Chinese government does to journalists and political activists it wants to silence, he’s right to be concerned about it.




Poulson told his bosses in his resignation letter: “I view our intent to capitulate to censorship and surveillance demands in exchange for access to the Chinese market as a forfeiture of our values and governmental negotiating position across the globe. There is an all-too-real possibility that other nations will attempt to leverage our actions in China in order to demand our compliance with their security demands.”

More than 1,000 employees concerned about company’s ethics

Poulson is hardly alone in his concerns. When the news of Dragonfly made its way throughout Google, there was a lot of protest within the company, with more than 1,400 employees signing a letter demanding the appointment of an ombudsman to assess the censorship plan’s “urgent moral and ethical issues.” They say they have a right to know what they’re working on. In other words, if Google is going to be carrying out unethical acts, they want no part of it.

Some of those who led the letter effort were also behind protests of the firm’s work with the American military to build AI systems that could identify objects like vehicles in drone footage. Those protests ultimately resulted in Google letting its military contract expire.

Google’s response to the Dragonfly letter? They cut off employees’ access to documents about the Chinese search engine and tightened rules so that employees working remotely can no longer livestream meetings on personal computers after a leak last month.

Earlier this month, the company’s CEO, Sundar Pichai, refused to show up for a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing during which he would have faced questions about the Chinese censorship. In addition, Google has ignored countless journalists’ questions about the plan.

Of course, this doesn’t come as much of a surprise from a company that has been a bit China-like itself, exerting its power to censor search results and YouTube videos when the topic at hand doesn’t serve its political agenda. As this behavior continues and employees grow increasingly wary of where the line will be drawn, there could well end up being a mass exodus.


Contributed by Isabelle Z. of NaturalNews.com


SHARE:

By Mac Slavo | SHTFplan | Sept. 17, 2018

A new World Economic Forum study has concluded that robots and artificial intelligence will handle about 52% of current work tasks by the year 2025.  That’s almost twice as many as they already currently handle.

Although AI is expected to generate about 58 million jobs, it will also decimate the middle class, according to the Internet of Business. The WEF report, The Future of Jobs 2018, predicts that 75 million jobs will be displaced by AI, robotics, and automation, but suggests that 133 million new jobs may be created as organizations attempt to shift the balance between human workers and machines: a net gain of 58 million jobs.  But they also predict that this shift will be a bloodbath for the already hard-hit middle class.

While many people believe that routine, low-skilled jobs will fall to the machines first, the WEF paints a bleak future for many roles that were once considered safe, middle-class careers. Financial analysts, accountants, auditors, lawyers, bank tellers, statistical, finance, and insurance clerks, general managers, and administrators are all listed under “redundant roles” over the next five years. –Internet of Business

Drivers will also be hit hard, and that industry’s pummeling will be felt across the nation, as many states report van, car, and motorcycle drivers are the most common of jobs. In place of these jobs will be machines that won’t have to be paid, but also come with data analysts, AI and machine learning specialists, innovation and digital transformation experts, robotics professionals, experience designers, and what the WEF calls “people and culture specialists” – all roles that machines would find hard to replicate.




The WEF report further states:

By 2022, 38 percent of businesses surveyed expect to extend their workforce to new productivity-enhancing roles, and more than a quarter expect automation to lead to the creation of new roles in their enterprise.

In addition, businesses are set to expand their use of contractors doing task-specialized work, with many respondents highlighting their intention to engage workers in a more flexible manner, utilizing remote staffing beyond physical offices and decentralization of operations.

Respondents expect increased job creation in such project-based, temporary and freelancing roles, pointing to structural labor market transformations in terms of contractual arrangements and employment relations, as well as occupational profiles. -WEF report on artificial intelligence

So while the middle class is set to take a beating, the wealth inequality gap will continue to widen, separating harshly the wealthy and the poor. And the timeline is not that far off.


Contributed by Mac Slavo of SHTFplan.com


SHARE:

By Tyler Durden | Zero Hedge | Sept. 17, 2018

The Federal Emergency Management Agency  (FEMA), in coordination with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), will conduct a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) on September 20th.

The emergency communications drill will begin at 2:18 p.m. EDT through 2:20 p.m. EDT. Every cell phone in the US will receive a text message from President Trump.

All US wireless firms and more than 100 mobile carriers are participating in the exercise that allows for presidential alerts, FEMA wrote in a Thursday press release.

“The EAS [Emergency Alert System] is a national public warning system that provides the president with the communications capability to address the nation during a national emergency,” FEMA said in a statement.

Cell phones will receive a text message that states “Presidential Alert” and “THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”

Separate from the FEMA statement, a FEMA National Test Fact Sheet detailed how the EAS is used with radio and television broadcasters, cable systems, satellite radio and television providers, and wireline video providers. The upcoming FEMA EAS message will read:

“THIS IS A TEST of the National Emergency Alert System. This system was developed by broadcast and cable operators in voluntary cooperation with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Federal Communications Commission, and local authorities to keep you informed in the event of an emergency. If this had been an actual emergency, an official message would have followed the tone alert you heard at the start of this message. A similar Wireless Emergency Alert test message has been sent to all cell phones nationwide. Some cell phones will receive the message; others will not. No action is required.”

The WEA system is currently in use to warn the public about dangerous weather, missing children, and other vital information. The FEMA WEA message will read:

“THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.”

The goal of the test will evaluate the readiness to distribute an emergency message nationwide and determine whether improvements are needed, FEMA said in a statement. The upcoming alerts will be sent using FEMA’s Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS), which allows government officials to send emergency messages to multiple communications networks, including the EAS and WEA as part of the nation’s modern alert and warning infrastructure.

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai explains how the Wireless Emergency Alert system works

Despite Trump’s obsession with Twitter as a direct means of communicating, experts told NBC News last week that President Trump will not abuse the “Presidential Alert” system.

“If you separate this from the politics and personality of any individual president then this is a great idea and an amazing use of technology to reach everybody if they’re in harms way,” said Karen North, director of the Annenberg Digital Social Media program at the University of Southern California.

UCLA communications professor Tim Groeling agreed, told NBC via email, “broadcast-based emergency alert systems … have remained professional and impartial over decades.”

How did Twitter respond to Trump’s new communication channels?

So when the tens of millions of Americans get the “Presidential Alert” on September 20, do not freak out — it is just President Trump debuting the new emergency communication systems that broadcast personalized emergency messages on a much larger plane than Twitter.

As for the many folks who have blocked him on social media, well, it is almost certain that there will be an uproar when liberals look at their phones and see a text message from Trump later this week.


Originally published by Tyler Durden at ZeroHedge.com


SHARE:

By Mike Adams | Natural News | Sept. 13, 2018

Following Breitbart’s bombshell release of a once-secret video that captured Google executives panicking after the Trump election victory, it’s now clear that Google is a dangerous left-wing techno-cult that is deliberately manipulating U.S. elections through fraudulent, illegal means.

It’s time to arrest and prosecute Google executives for racketeering and fraud.

“These individuals, who preside over a company with unrivaled influence over the flow of information, can be seen disparaging the motivations of Trump voters and plotting ways to use their vast resources to thwart the Trump agenda,” reports Breitbart News:

Co-founder Sergey Brin can be heard comparing Trump supporters to fascists and extremists. Brin argues that like other extremists, Trump voters were motivated by “boredom,” which he says in the past led to fascism and communism. The Google co-founder then asks his company to consider what it can do to ensure a “better quality of governance and decision-making.”

In the bombshell video recording, Google co-founder Sergey Brin says the election of Trump “conflicts with many of [Google’s] values” and vows to use the power and influence of Google to make sure such outcomes never occur again. See the full video which has been mirrored at Real.video:

Real.video/5834436164001

Google CFO Ruth Porat then promises that Google will “use the great strength and resources and reach we have to continue to advance really important values,” meaning they will commit election fraud to ensure that Democrats win all future elections.

Google has been carrying out its criminal racketeering and election fraud operations by:

1) Outright banning and de-platform conservative websites and video channels (via YouTube).

2) Shadow-banning conservative content.

3) De-monetizing conservative content while allowing “progressive” content to earn a steady revenue stream.

Don’t forget that Google’s Chairman Eric Schmidt also offered to “fund, advise and recruit” for Hillary Clinton, using the power of Google to meddle in the 2016 election. This was all made public in a series of damning leaked emails published by The Gateway Pundit and others.

Nearly every website that has worked to expose Google’s election meddling, racketeering and fraud has been banned or heavily penalized by Google itself.




Google is a threat to democracy; its executives are dangerous, deranged cultists

What’s clear from all this is that Google is a serious threat to democracy. With Google determining what voices are allowed to be heard on the internet, the very bedrock of democratic societies — open debate and discussion — has been utterly destroyed.

Even more alarmingly, Google has plunged itself into a cult of left-wing lunacy, where its own executives espouse truly deranged ideas as “fact” such as the ludicrous idea that biological men can magically transform into women, or that “men have periods.” Nearly every Google executive believes these insanely idiotic “libtard” ideas. In fact, they claim that anyone who doesn’t agree with the fairy tale of transgenderism is engaged in “hate speech” and must be banned or silenced.

Just like the other tech giants, Google declares anything it does like to be either “fake news” or “Russian propaganda.” Pro-Trump, pro-America or pro-liberty content is outright blacklisted by Google through the company’s dishonest mind games that define “facts” as anything uttered by a progressive.

Because of Google’s dominance, the internet is now ruled by insane libtard cultists who belong in an insane asylum, not in the boardrooms of tech giants.

I warned the world about Google’s threat to democracy over a year ago

I saw this coming over a year ago, when I first posted the following podcast which has been banned by YouTube and Google. It’s called “To save America, we must defeat Google,” and it lays out why Google is a threat to every civil society on the planet.

Hear this podcast at the following link on REAL.video, the YouTube alternative I launched to provide a platform for those who are being censored by YouTube and Google:

REAL.video/5814180303001


Contributed by Mike Adams of NaturalNews.com

Mike Adams (aka the “Health Ranger“) is a best selling author (#1 best selling science book on Amazon.com called “Food Forensics“), an environmental scientist, a patent holder for a cesium radioactive isotope elimination invention, a multiple award winner for outstanding journalism, a science news publisher and influential commentator on topics ranging from science and medicine to culture and politics.


SHARE:

Meaning political speech CANNOT be selectively banned.

By Isabelle Z. | Natural News | Sept. 9, 2018

As the internet continues to enable people to bypass in-person social interaction, savvy tech execs are doing their best to make people feel like they are somehow not missing out on face-to-face conversations. In this spirit, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey called the platform a “public square” while speaking before Representatives and Senators this week.

Although those of us familiar with actual public squares might find the comparison far more metaphorical than literal, he appeared committed to the idea, repeatedly referring to it as a “public square” and a “digital public square” before the House Energy and Commerce Committee and the Senate Intelligence Committee.

That wording could come back to haunt him, however, as Twitter continues to ban people because of the comments they post to the site. That’s because the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution explicitly protects speech and expression in the public square – even when said public square happens to be under private ownership.

The 1946 Supreme Court ruling in Marsh v. Alabama set the precedent, as Breitbart’s Allum Bokhari points out. It stands to reason, therefore, that as a public square under private ownership, Twitter must protect its users’ First Amendment rights. Moreover, banning speech on the platform that has been afforded constitution protection violates the First Amendment. This means that Twitter should not be the arbiter of what people are allowed to say there, although individual users could decide what they’d rather not see using filters.

Of course, it’s not just Twitter acting this way; they were actually one of the last platforms to ban the controversial radio host Alex Jones after a coordinated suspension was carried out by YouTube, Facebook and Apple a few weeks ago.




After treading carefully initially, Twitter issued a permanent ban to Jones’s accounts as well as that of his show, InfoWars, this week for what the company says are violations of their abusive behavior policies.

In a series of tweets, the official Twitter Safety account wrote: “We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts’ past violations,” the company said in a series of tweets.

It appears they also plan to go after those who are affiliated with Jones, tweeting: “We will continue to evaluate reports we receive regarding other accounts potentially associated with @realalexjones or @infowars and will take action if content that violates our rules is reported or if other accounts are utilized in an attempt to circumvent their ban.”

In his speech before Congress – which Jones himself attended – Dorsey said that the purpose of Twitter is to “serve the public conversation.” He said that it must support “free and open discussion” – but apparently that doesn’t apply if you’re a strong far-right voice.

Will social media platforms be held accountable for their conservative bias?

Ultimately, legislators suggested greater scrutiny was in order when it comes to social media companies, with Senator Mark Warner of Virginia calling for an end to “the era of the Wild West in social media.” As allegations of a conservative bias continue – even President Trump has accused Google of silencing conservative voices – Attorney General Jeff Sessions said he planned to meet with a number of state attorney generals to address whether such firms are stifling free speech intentionally.


Contributed by Isabelle Z. of NaturalNews.com


SHARE: